Ifi - ZEN Phono
Pedigree. Performance. Peerless.
- MM/MC 36dB >72dB gain. Super-silent noise floor -151dBV
- Precise RIAA with Balanced output
- An intelligent sub-sonic filter
- Addresses warp without eliminating bass
- Intelligent sub-sonic filter is from the iPhono range and is quite special
- Normal sub-sonic filters remove ‘rumble’ AND bass and cause phase issues
- Unique AI phono sub-sonic filter removes ‘rumble’ only
- Dimensions: 6.3" x 4.4" x 1.4"
- Warranty period - 12 months
LPs + ZEN = Magical combo.
You’ve spent years building your dream LP collection. We know because we have done the same!
The ZEN Phono is a wonderful enhancement to your vinyl setup. It will max out every MM/MC cartridge.
Choc full of AMR/iFi trickle-down vinyl technology, it will have you poring over your LPs into the wee, small hours.
Spec’d to make you smile
Unlike any other entry-level phono stage. The ZEN Phono has:
MM/MC from 36dB >72dB gain. Super-silent noise floor -151dBV
Precise RIAA with Balanced output, performance comparable to +$1k phono stages
AI sub-sonic filter. Addresses warp without eliminating bass or causing phase issues
Flagship phono amplifiers create their own power supply off the mains, like a mains regenerator. This is fundamental to a well-designed phono stage. Without this, it will struggle to amplify the signal without added noise. This is why phono stages ‘hiss’ so annoyingly.
Unusually, the ZEN Phono has its own high-tech clean power supply. It creates a 1.2MHz power supply (20,000x mains frequency of 60Hz). In this circuit, a 10uF filtering capacitor = 200,000uF at lower, audible frequencies. With serious levels of noise filtration, it performs at the level of well-designed LC filtering circuits as found in classic tube amplifiers. Further, located on its own ‘island’ PCB, it is isolated so there is no noise pollution of the analogue stage.
Just super clean +/- 12V DC.
Measured EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) is -151dBV. It is 20dBV quieter than some Stereophile Class A+ phonos which are -131dBV.