Pro-Ject - RPM 9 Carbon
- Pro-ject USA
- Advanced sandwich construction of plinth with combination of MDF, carbon fibre and steel pellets
- Plinth manufactured with thermo treatment
- Mass loaded subchassis design with magnetic feet
- Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball/plate
- 7,2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter with TPE damping and vinyl mat on the top
- DC power supply with AC motor
- Precise DC driven AC generator (Speed Box) built-in
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm switching
- Dimensions: 32.5 × 44 × 18 cm
- User Manual
Due to extensive research and development, we now lift our classic RPM design to an even higher level with Pro-Ject’s RPM 9 Carbon.
The RPM 9 Carbon uses a new extra heavy chassis that features a special CNC machined MDF plate that incorporates hard resin-coated steel pellets to form an extra heavy precise sandwich construction. A special complex heat treatment and a carbon surface coating ensure superior low resonance levels.
The mass-loaded chassis is effectively decoupled from its surface using magnetic feet. Combined with a new special polished aluminum platter with internal TPE damping and a vinyl layer on top, the inverted ceramic main bearing delivers an absolute stable turntable speed with extra low rumble.
The extra heavy outboard motor unit is equipped with precise motor control and features a built-in switch between 33 & 45 RPM. Hearing is believing.. Last but not least the no compromise 9“ EVO tonearm with conical carbon-fiber arm tube and inverted bearing design ensures perfect tracking, even with demanding cartridges.