Parasound - Halo JC 5
- Stable with speaker impedance dips to 1.5 Ω
- Balanced inputs with discrete circuits
- CHK Infinium, custom 5-way speaker binding posts
- 4 rack space chassis with rear carry handles
- Rack mount hardware is included
- Available in silver or black
- Dimensions: 17-5⁄8" x 7-1⁄8" x 21-1⁄2"
The Halo JC 5 is Parasound's new, ultra-high performance, 400 watt per channel, Class A/AB, stereo power amplifier. We are very proud of this latest achievement of Parasound engineering in concert with legendary audio equipment designer John Curl.
Our reason for developing the JC 5
Our John Curl-designed Halo JC 1 mono block is acknowledged as the ultimate benchmark for amplifier performance and value. Stereophile awarded it 2003 Amplifier of the Year and has honored it as a Class A Recommended Component for fifteen years - far longer than any other audio product.
For years, Parasound customers and dealers around the world have petitioned us for an alternative amplifier: a John Curl-designed, Halo stereo power amplifier which would save them money and space. Developing a stereo amplifier in this league was a formidable challenge-the kind we relish. We challenged John Curl to distill the essence of two JC 1 mono blocks into a single chassis stereo amplifier with a more attractive price.