Nordost - Tyr 2 USB 2.0 Cable
- Nordost Cables
- Dual Mono-Filament construction
- 2.0 standard
- 4 x 20 AWG Silver plated 99.99999 OFC solid core conductors
- Twisted pair, double helix geometry
- Mechanically tuned lengths
- Dual silver foil jacket and silver braided shielding
- Available with class A or Class B connectors (standard is A to B)
- Audio Two is an authorized Online Nordost retailer in Canada
The Tyr 2 USB 2.0 Cable is guaranteed to take your computer audio system to the next level. It implements a solid core design, which is essential when working with a cable of this caliber. This essential upgrade completely eliminates the negative effects of strand interaction and skin effect. Each of the four 20 AWG, solid core conductors is then wrapped in Nordost’s proprietary Dual Mono-Filament technology before being enclosed in extruded FEP, which lowers the capacitance of the cable, both increasing signal speed and bandwidth.
The Tyr 2 USB 2.0 Cable arranges its conductors in a precise, twisted, double helix geometry in order to ensure characteristic impedance, minimize cross-talk, and reduce noise. To even further reduce noise, and protect the USB signal path from any external interference, Nordost employs a dual-layer, silver foil jacket and silver braided shield. Finally, before being terminated with gold-plated, fully shielded connectors, the Tyr 2 USB is cut to mechanically tuned lengths, which reduce internal microphonics and high-frequency impedance resonance.
The Tyr 2 USB 2.0 Cable is the solution you need in order to achieve the superb sound staging, wide dynamic range, and precise timing you have been looking for in computer audio.