Nordost - Heimdall 2 Tonearm Cable + (RCA to RCA or RCA to DIN)
- Nordost Cables
- Available in RCA to RCA configuration or DIN
- Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) insulation
- Mechanically tuned lay and lengths
- 4 x 28 AWG Silver plated 99.99999% OFC Solid Core Conductors: 2 Twisted pairs individually shielded, Micro Mono-Filament design
- 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC bond wire w/ Micro MonoFilament design
- (2) additional 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC removable ground whips w/Micro Mono-Filament design
- Capacitance: 11.46pF/ft (37.5pF/m)
- Velocity of Propagation: 76%
- Overall Shield Coverage: 97%
- Tonearm cables are available with straight MoonGlo® DIN, RCA, or XLR connectors. Standard model numbers reflect a straight MoonGlo® DIN to RCA
- Audio Two is an authorized Online Nordost retailer in Canada
The tonearm lead is one of the most critical audio cables in an analog system. As such, it demands a purpose-built, low capacitance conduit, in order to maximize the authentic and natural musical reproduction that LPs offer.
The Heimdall 2 Tonearm Cable + is virtually noiseless, with rapid transmission speed and the highest bandwidth capabilities, thanks to its twisted pair design, individualized shielding, and Nordost’s proprietary Micro Mono-Filament technology. It also employs a separately shielded, silver-plated bond wire, wrapped in Micro Mono-Filament, to minimize noise from the line. However, the most exciting aspect of this cable design is its revolutionary grounding solution. Nordost has introduced detachable ground whips, complete with Micro Mono-Filament technology, that further eliminate any noise that could be introduced during signal transfer, regardless of the unique construction of the components found in each individual sound system.