McIntosh - MC451 1-Channel Dual Mono Amplifier
- McIntosh made in USA
- Includes our Hybrid Drive™ technology that uses the best of vacuum tubes and solid state to produce the best sound performance
- Designed with bi-amping loudspeakers in mind
- 150 Watt vacuum tube amplifier and 300 Watt solid state amplifier on one chassis
- Vacuum tube section powers mid and upper drivers
- Solid state section drives power hungry woofers
- DualView™ Power Output Meter
The MC451 Dual Mono Amplifier joins the MC901 in offering the ultimate solution to bi-amping a loudspeaker. Like the MC901, the MC451 uses our Hybrid Drive™ technology that combines a separate vacuum tube and solid state amplifier onto one single chassis to produce the best possible sound performance from a bi-ampable speaker. Unlike the larger MC901, the MC451 has a more conventional McIntosh form factor and size, allowing it to fit into home audio systems, racks, and furniture more easily. Adding a pair of MC451s to your stereo system will allow your prized speakers to perform like never before.
The MC451 is comprised of a 150 Watt vacuum tube amplifier and a 300 Watt solid state amplifier, which is more than enough power to drive virtually all speakers.
The vacuum tube section drives the speaker's midranges and tweeters, while the solid state section drives the woofers. The 150 Watt vacuum tube amplifier is powered by four KT88 output tubes which are located under a removable wire cage, plus two 12AT7 and one 12AX7A signal tubes; it uses our patented Unity Coupled Circuit output transformer to deliver its full 150 Watts into almost any speaker regardless if it has 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
Similarly, the 300 Watt solid state amplifier delivers its full 300 Watts into a 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance speaker via our Autoformer™ technology.