Pro-Ject - RPM 5 Carbon
- Pro-ject USA
- Precision belt drive using free-standing synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Acoustically inert acrylic platter
- 9” cc EVO tonearm made from carbon
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Adjustable aluminium tip-toe feet
- Three high-gloss colours (black, red, white)
- Handmade in Europe
- Dimensions: 32.5 × 44 × 18 cm
- User Manual
The RPM 5 Carbon utilizes an innovative concept that originates from its big brother, Pro-Ject’s RPM 9 Carbon.
A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. The acoustically inert platter is made from acrylic.
An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. T
he classy 9″cc Evo tonearm, which is made from carbon fiber, is suitable for any high-quality MM or MC cartridge. A TPE-damped counterweight eliminates unwanted resonances. All ingredients add up to a miracle in sound for the price.